Want to have your Own Website or Blog? Try Weebly
Weebly is one of the free website builders where you can create your own website or blog for free besides Wix. If you’re new to website making then this is a good start for you to learn and practice. For those who already have experience making your own website or blog then this is a good site for you to have a site up and running within a day. You might find some features which are paid but when it comes to features, free subscription is enough.
So let’s go ahead and start how to create your site.
How to Start Creating your Own Site at Weebly?
- First you need to register here Weebly
You can sign up using your Fb page or through your email address. If you choose Facebook then just set the option for weebly to post on your timeline but set it where you can only view it.
- You will be then redirected to choose if you opt to create an online store or sell products.
You can opt to click “Not Now” button to familiarize yourself first on weebly.
- Select a theme which matches your niche and the design you want it to look like. There are options which you can choose Business, Portfolio, Personal, Event, Blog, Others.
- Once you chose a theme, just click “Start Editing” button which can be located on the upper right corner.
- You will then choose your domain.
Using the subdomain is free and you can go ahead and start working on your site or blog. The problem of having a free domain is it doesn’t have a professional presence but for now if you’re new try to get a hang of it first so you will know what you might need in the future.
- On Registering a new domain is not free and the price for it is shown on the image below.
Customizing your site or blog
After choosing a sub-domain you can change or customize right away your chosen theme. On the left side there are apps which you can drag and drop to your page whether title, image, text, video and everything you mostly need. At the top you can add pages, add more apps, change settings and switch from desktop and mobile view so that you will have a preview how it looks like. For upgrades you can refer to the the price on the image above for Starter, Pro, Business, and Performance. When you are familiar with weebly you can select the package that’s best for you.
If the site you’re making is an online store or you sell products or services, you might need to purchase an SSL certificate to secure your site and prevent sensitive information from leaking out or from phishing. The SSL certificate is available only in business package if you’re wondering which package has it.
What are the other Free Stuff at Weebly?
- Weebly.com subdomain
- 500 mb storage
- Lead capture
- Community forum
- Chat support
Feel free to explore and enjoy the possibilities creating your very own site. When you’re done just click publish and share.
Latest posts by Dale Basilla (see all)
- How Freelancers Can Easily Get a Credit Card and Checkbook - September 4, 2019
- Freelancer’s Guide on How to Create Your Own Portfolio Website - August 31, 2019
- Freelancer’s View of Insurance: Important or Just an Additional Expense? - August 28, 2019