Spiiker: An ESL School for Chinese where you can Teach Audio Lessons Via Skype
Spiiker is an online ESL school for Chinese. It’s a one-on-one audio lesson via Skype for 20 minutes but the company will require you to extend for at least 2 minutes for wrapping up. Please note that lessons should be in recording via Skype recorder. You will teach both kids and adults. Teaching materials will be provided through Teacher Management System (TMS). After each lessons you will need to complete an evaluation for the students, this is mandatory and can be done after each lessons or you can also do it first thing in morning the next day. They require teachers to teach from 7Pm-11Pm.
Salary starts from 10 Chinese Yuan (RMB) or 72 pesos (exchange rate may vary from time to time) for 20 minute class and will increase to 11 Chinese Yuan (RMB) after 6 months. Rate will also increase to 12 RMB after 12 months. Payout will be given on the 5th and 20th of the month via BPI. The salary for 1-15 will be given on the 20th day of the month and remaining days (16-30) will be on the 5th day the next month. For example, salary for May 1-15 will be given on May 20th, the remaining 15-30 days will be given on June 5th.
There will be a 5% tax deduction per cut off, that will be a total of 10% per month. Let’s say your total earnings for May 20 is 5,000php, 5% of the said amount which is 250 will be deducted. Expect your salary for the cut-off is 4,750php. Same thing goes for your 20th salary, there will be 5% deduction from the total earnings.
- Desktop or laptop
- Wired Internet connection with at least 3mbps speed
- Skype Account
- QQ international Account
- TIN number
- Scanned government ID with your birthday on it
- Personal BPI savings account
- Skype recorder. This will record your lessons.
- Scanned 2×2 picture
- Audio Recording about self introduction and message to your students
Steps on how to apply:
- Add the head teacher through skype (fhn164062) and express your intention to apply. Recruitment starts from 2pm onwards. The head teacher is also handling lessons, so bare with her if she can’t reply to you immediately. Nonetheless, expect a response from her within 24 hours.
- You have to make an account on QQ. Using this software for sending large files like: company’s policies, demo lessons, training video and the likes.
- They will schedule you to do a demo class with the Chinese Management and Chinese students. You will have to complete three sets of demos, each scheduled on different days. Demo materials will be available through QQ. They will also provide you a temporary account on the TMS.
- After passing all three demos, what you need to do next is to fill in the teacher’s form. Prepare your scanned ID, 2×2 picture and TIN number.
- You won’t have to undergo formal teaching and technical training. Handouts and video will be available via QQ alternatively. For the technical training, you have to watch the video tutorial and read thoroughly on the company’s policies. Feel free to ping the head teacher for clarifications and questions.
Belle has been working as an English tutor for 3 years. She’s been with several online ESL schools teaching Japanese, Chinese and Koreans from super beginner to advanced level students.
13 thoughts on “Spiiker: Audio ESL School for Chinese”
Hello Ms. Maribelle, really interested on the role but I would like to check on the volume of Spiiker English Students. Hope you can help me with this.
how will i send my application?
For applicants you can add the skype account of Miss Clia. She’s going to discuss everything you need to know about Spiiker
Hi! Thank you for the information. I have an interview later with this company. Can you give me tips? Thanks in advance!
Just make sure you have a good internet connection. Goodluck!
Is their schedule flexible or is it a permanent student system?
You will be given a permanent student with a permanent schedule.
How to apply please? Where i will send my application? I already have the stable internet connection with the laptop and headphone with mic. I am interested to apply.
I have been working as an ESL teacher for two years and I’d like to become part of the company? How may I proceed with the application?
Hi. How about if I don’t have TIN? Can I still apply?
Hi I would like to apply in your company do you accept currently enrolled students in your company?
I would like to apply to your company. I tried to add the head teacher through Skype (fhn164062) but I cannot seem to find the name. Can you please assist me.
still doing good company?