What is Acadsoc?
Have you ever heard of Acadsoc? It is an ESL company that teaches English to Chinese students both adults and kids. Acadsoc specializes in one-on-one tutoring which does not limit learning the English language, it also teaches skills like photography and academic subjects such as chemistry, math, etc. But let’s focus on it as an ESL Company. According to their website, the company started a C2C Online Tutoring platform in 2014 and has been operational since.
Application or Hiring Process: How to Apply?
First, you need to apply online on their website (APPLY). They have an online application sheet that you have to fill up and submit to their website.
Second, wait for their response to give you an interview schedule. The interview will be through Skype. You will not see the interviewer but your camera should be open so that the interviewer can see you. Also, be ready for a surprise grammar exam.
It is fairly easy but you have to prepare. Then, if you pass the interview, training will be scheduled for you to attend. This is a vital step, as you will learn how to teach one-on-one through the materials that are given and through the medium of teaching such as Skype or QQ. After the training, you will be doing a mock demo for a trainer who will pretend to be a student. Depending on the trainer, the demo will usually last around 10-20 minutes.
Finally, if you pass the demo, you will become an Acadsoc English Tutor.
How to Teach in Acadsoc?
Once you are a teacher in Acadsoc, they require you to have a Skype and QQ account. There will be a system that you have to follow which will be easy for you to track your schedule and know if you have students waiting for you or not. You can choose your own time when you will teach. Lesson materials will be given for you. The only thing you should do is be energetic, friendly and approachable to the students you will teach. Do not forget to correct them with their mistakes and give them honest feedback on how the lesson went and how they can improve themselves for the next lessons to come.
Modes of Payment | Peak Hours
They don’t really say it on their website but what I do know is that their base rate is P100/hour and it could be more depending on your qualifications. They also have several bonuses and incentives such as enrollment bonus and class completion bonus. Furthermore, if you have open slots (intended time for you to have class but no student has booked your class) it will be paid.
1) There are a lot of good things about Acadsoc mainly by their 24/7 support that’s always ready to help you.
2) It is a booking system where if you have an open slot and not booked by the student they will still pay but this is possible during peak hours namely from 7 o’clock PM to 11 o’clock PM.
3) They accept full-time, part-time, and as well as office based.
4) Have mentors that could help enhance your skills in teaching English to your students.
Every company is growing, so it’s natural to have mistakes along the way. According to some reviews about Acadsoc:
1) Though their pay is weekly, you may expect a delay in your payment.
2) Another thing, the payment method is through PayPal, so you need to have a verified account. It can be bothersome withdrawing money especially if you don’t know how.
3) They also have lapses on their support but can be fixed right away.
4) It’s a booking system, so you have to be in good spirits so that you can acquire more regular students.
Acadsoc Interview Questions
Here are some interview questions we have gathered. It may change but at least you will have a basis
1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
2. Why do you want to work for this company?
3. How would you describe yourself in a unique way?
4. What are you passionate about aside from pursuing a professional career?
5. What motivates you to pursue ESL teaching?
6. Why are you leaving your present job?
7. Can you tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? How about 10 years?
9. Can you tell me about a difficult work conflict and how did you resolve it?
10. Why should we hire you over other applicants?
11. What did you love most about your last job?
12. How do you handle uncooperative students?
13. How do you balance work stress and personal life?
14. Can you tell me about your greatest career accomplishment?
15. Tell me about your work experience in relation to teaching if there’s any.
16. What is your teaching or management philosophy?
17. What interesting skills would you impart for this company?
18. What do you know about ESL?
19. What grabs your attention about this company?
20. What do you wish to accomplish within the first 30 days of this job?
21. Are you willing to work at night or during weekends?
22. How did you resolve work issues with your former employer?
23. How much do you expect to earn with this company?
24. How long do you expect to work for this company?
25. How do you keep yourself organized with regard to time management and documentation tasks?
Here are some grammar test we have gathered. It may change but at least you will have a basis
1. Grace is very upset ______ her employer’s decision to reject her project proposal.
2. Please don’t forget to call me when you ______ to the office.
Are you going to get
3. The insurance investigator is ______ a thorough investigation into John’s burial benefit claim.
4. By the time he ______ me up, I will have dressed up already.
5. We ______ a memorable three-week vacation in Venice, Italy last year.
6. The instructor asked if ______ to bring the modules to class.
All we had remembered
Had all we remembered
They had remembered
7. Sara had committed a huge mistake ______ she ______ it.
8. I was ______ a house party for my daughter next week. What do you think?
Having to think
Thinking of having
9. I _______ have arrived by the time my wife gets home.
Was meant to
10. I ______ my office report at the desk when my boss interrupted me.
Why Choose Acadsoc?
Acadsoc is a great place for beginners but an even better place for ESL tutors with experience. Though their system is very confidential, most people who worked there stand by it. So, if you are confident, energetic and fluent in speaking English then this is the ESL for you.
I am an online English Teacher for a company that has been a source of my extra income. I am also an assistant clerk and artist.