Have you ever heard of Acadsoc? It is an ESL company that teaches English to Chinese students both adults and kids. Acadsoc specializes in one-on-one tutoring which does not limits on learning the English language, it also teaches skills like photography and academic subjects such as chemistry, math, etc. But let’s focus on it as an ESL Company. According to their website, the company started a C2C Online Tutoring platform in 2014 and has been operational since.
Application Process: How to apply?
First, you have to apply online on their website (APPLY). They have an online application sheet that you have to fill up and submit to their website.
Second, wait for their response to give you an interview schedule. The interview will be through Skype. You will not see the interviewer but your camera should be open so that the interviewer can see you. Also, be ready for a surprise grammar exam.
It is fairly easy but you have to prepare. Then, if you pass the interview, a training will be scheduled for you to attend to. This is a vital step, as you will learn how to teach one-on-one through the materials that are given and through the medium of teaching such as Skype or QQ. After the training, you will be doing a mock demo for a trainer who will pretend to be a student. Depending on the trainer, the demo will usually last around 10-20 minutes.
Finally, if you pass the demo, you will become an Acadsoc English Tutor.
How to teach in Acadsoc?
Once you are a teacher in Acadsoc, they require you to have a Skype and QQ account. There will be a system that you have to follow which will be easy for you to track your schedule and know if you have students waiting for you or not. You can choose your own time when you will teach. Lesson materials will be given for you. The only thing you should do is be energetic, friendly and approachable to the students you will teach. Do not forget to correct them with their mistakes and give them honest feedback on how the lesson went and how they can improve themselves for the next lessons to come.
How much are they paying?
They don’t really say it in their website but what I do know is that their base rate is P100/hour and it could be more depending on your qualifications. They also have several bonuses and incentives such as enrollment bonus and class completion bonus. Furthermore, if you have open slots (intended time for you to have class but no student has booked your class) it will be paid.
1) There are a lot of good things about Acadsoc mainly by their 24/7 support that’s always ready to help you.
2) It is a booking system where if you have an open slot and not booked by the student they will still pay but this is possible during peak hours namely from 7 o’clock PM to 11 o’clock PM.
3) They accept full-time, part-time, and as well as office based.
4) Have mentors that could help enhance your skills on teaching English to your students.
Every company is growing, so it’s natural to have mistakes along the way. According to some reviews about Acadsoc:
1) Though their pay is weekly, you may expect a delay in your payment.
2) Another thing, payment method is through PayPal, so you need to have a verified account. It can be bothersome withdrawing money especially if you don’t know how.
3) They also have lapses on their support but can be fixed right away.
4) It’s a booking system, so you have to be in good spirits so that you can acquire more regular students.
Acadsoc is a great place for beginners but an even better place for ESL tutors with experience. Though their system is very confidential, most people who worked there stand by it. So, if you are confident, energetic and fluent in speaking English then this is the ESL for you.