Audio Transcription Work at Scribie
Scribie is one of many sites to apply for audio transcription work on their Freelance Transcription Program. It offers a great opportunity for transcribing audio and video files as well. You need to take the test process and certification before you can start to work. Once you’re done with the certification, you will be paid for the audio files you transcribed on an hourly basis. If you plan to pursue as a transcriptionist then Scribie can help you gain experience and sharpen your skills.
Skills Needed for Audio Transcription
Transcribers should have:
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Speaking/Writing English
- Excellent understanding of American, British, Australian, and Indian accent
Duty or Task:
- Transcribe audio files to text
- Reviewing audio transcripts for precision
- Confirm if transcript matches with audio
- Clarify the spoken audio and recognize contextual mistakes
- Correctly identify each speaker in the transcript and label them
- Exact spelling, punctuation, grammatical mistakes in the transcript
How to Apply as Audio Transcription?
- Visit their website Scribie then at the bottom of the site click “Jobs” or you can click here (Apply).
You will be then be redirected to another page.
- You must log in to your PayPal account for them to check if the status is verified.
- Click the link to check for your waiting list number on your application acceptance email.
- Next step is to create your Scribie account and review their guidelines and practice to prepare the test.
- Audio files are available for you to practice until it’s time for you to take the test. The duration for waiting usually takes 5-7 days, depending on the number of applicants.
- You will receive a link on your email to take the test.
- Next is transcribing a test audio file which you need to finish within 2 hours.
- Submit your assignment for screening for 1 business day.
After screening, you will receive an email if you pass or not. If you pass you can start working by transcribing audio and if you didn’t pass you will know how many errors you made. The minimum errors for transcribing are 2 and you can view the audio file and compare with the correct one.
- Good English comprehension
- Verified PayPal
- Computer and internet connection
- Headphone or headset
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and safari
- Adobe flash player on your browser must be on the latest version
Transcription Process of Scribie?
- File splitting- audio file is split into 6 minute interval.
- Raw Transcription- transcribing each part as accurate and as clean as possible.
- Review- checking the raw transcript for correctness and quality.
- Proofreading- gathering all parts of the file together and check with the audio again.
- Quality check- checking the quality of the text
How much can you Earn?
Scribie pays you audio per hour not how much time you spent on your work. Mostly the 6 minute file ranges $0.5-$2.0. Your earnings will be then credited to your account for withdrawal to your PayPal after 1 business day. A bonus of $5 for every 3 hours of audio you complete per month and will be paid on the 1st day of the month. When you refer someone, you will get 5% of the order and 2.5% commission on their direct earnings.
Owner at Be Visible Media
Dale Basilla is a content writer for various niches, SEO (Off-page & On-Page), and lives in a location where there are lots of beaches in the Philippines. He loves to watch anime, TV series (mystery and solving crimes), and movies. In his spare time, he plays chess, plays the guitar, and spend time with his ever busy girlfriend.